×

John Street fire

Salineville, Highlandtown and Franklin Township firefighters responded to this fire Wednesday evening at a house at 3 John Street in Salineville. The family of Marcia Hutton, who live in the home, was reportedly at the junior high basketball game at the time, but dogs and several cats were killed. Fire Chief Jeff Lewis said the home is owned by Charlene Thomas and was not insured. The Red Cross was in contact with the family to lend assistance. Firefighters believe the fire started in the back kitchen portion of the home, in the area of the stove and microwave. The West Point Fire Department First Responders checked on a Salineville firefighter, who was determined to be having health concerns due to exhaustion while battling the fire. Morning Journal/Deanne Johnson

NEWSLETTER

Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)
Are you a paying subscriber to the newspaper? *
   

COMMENTS

Starting at $4.50/week.

Subscribe Today