County Sheriff

— A resident on old state Route 344 reported at 9:45 a.m. Thursday that overnight someone cut their swimming pool. There was a long cut in the side of the pool and all the water was out. The resident was checking their cameras.

— A woman on Lower Elkton Road reported at 10:22 a.m. Wednesday that a washer and dryer set she and her husband put out for sale were taken from the end of their driveway.

— A woman on Rose Drive, Lisbon reported at 5:05 a.m. Wednesday that her boyfriend pushed her and spit in her face. There were no signs of injury. She wanted information on how to get a protection order and was advised.

— A man from Hartley Road, Salem, reported at 12:01 p.m. Tuesday that his estranged wife violated a protection order.

— Deputies were called at 2:44 a.m. Monday to state Route 39 for a male experiencing a mental health crisis. He voluntarily was transported by local EMS to a hospital.

— A suspicious vehicle was reported at a local business on Hawkins Road at 1:56 a.m. Monday with suspects attempting to take scrap metal. The suspects left and dropped the scrap in the middle of the roadway. The owner did not want to press charges.

East Liverpool

— Officers responded to the 300 block of Vine Street at 2:34 p.m. Wednesday in reference to a man throwing knives and yelling. Officers spoke with the man in question and told him to keep the noise down.

— A Northside Street resident reported at 12:23 p.m. Wednesday her neighbor is constantly harassing her.

— Officers responded to a possible fight in the station’s parking lot at 10:27 a.m. Wednesday and found Gage Gough, no age or address listed, had been chased down in vehicles by Ryan Pitt, no age or address listed, because his ex-girlfriend had purchased the vehicle, but didn’t make the payments, so he wanted it back. The title was found to be signed over and notarized in the ex-girlfriend’s name. Officers contacted the ex-girlfriend who said it was okay for Gough to have it. Gough was cited for expired tags and Pitt for no operator’s license and illegal plates. Another woman later came to the station to claim the vehicle was hers and that she had filed for a lost title. She provided the original and duplicate titles and said the windows had been broken out, for which she wanted Gough charged. She was advised the original title had been signed over and notarized, so the ex-girlfriend owns the vehicle.

— Officers responded to the 300 block of Wilbert Avenue at 9:41 p.m. where a resident reported someone was chasing her children around yelling at them. Officers found nothing happening and told the resident to call back if it happens again.

— Officers responded to the 200 block of Wilbert Avenue at 9:31 p.m. Tuesday where a resident reported her cat had been stolen. Officers spoke with the person in question who said the complainant’s daughter had brought her the cat and that the cat looked like it needed fed, so she was refusing to return it until she was sure it would be cared for properly. The woman was told that the cat belonged to the complainant and she should contact the dog warden if she had any concerns for it safety.

— A woman reported at 5:28 p.m. Tuesday she had until July 10 to remove her items from a Sullivan Drive apartment, but that when she went to get the rest of her property, they were not there. She said she believes her landlord removed the items.

— A Lang Street resident filed a theft report at 4:34 p.m. Tuesday.

— Officers responded to the area of Croft and Sunnyside Street at 12:13 p.m. Tuesday in reference to a possible overdose inside a vehicle. Officers found the person in question slumped over, but he sat up when officers attempted to open the door. The person got out of the vehicle and was checked by medics, but refused treatment. A family member responded to pick the person up.

— Officers responded to the area of Lisbon and Ninth streets at 12:11 p.m. Tuesday where a driver was northbound on Lisbon Street following another vehicle when the other vehicle pulled into the other lane coming to a complete stop. The driver said when he went around the vehicle, the other driver attempted a right turn in violation of the street sign and struck the side of his vehicle. The other driver then fled the scene.

— An 800 block Grandview Street resident reported at 11:12 a.m. Tuesday she heard three gunshots around 5 a.m. that morning.

— A Princeton Avenue resident reported at 8:42 a.m. Tuesday her ex-boyfriend had stolen headphones, $560 cash and medicine overnight.

— A city employee reported at 8:37 a.m. Tuesday someone removed air conditioner covers and plywood over one of the doors of a city owned property in the 2300 block of Dresden Avenue, gaining access to the building. Once inside, the person damaged the plumbing, with copper piping cut out of several areas of the building.

— Patrolling officers at 4:05 p.m. Monday were told of a man acting erratically in a parking lot in the 100 block of West Seventh Street. The man was found with no shoes and unable to sit still. The man said he had left his house after getting into a fight with a friend and said he was struggling with some mental issues. He was escorted to the East Liverpool hospital for evaluation.

— Darlene Elizabeth Vantilburg, 34, no address listed; and Jonathan Robert Vantilburg, 36, no address listed, turned themselves in at 11:15 a.m. Monday for failure to pay city taxes.

— A Vine Street property owner reported at 10:32 a.m. Monday he is preparing the property for sale and the neighbor has been coming over. He said the neighbor left a note that day saying he had come over and taken a shower. The property owner said he does not want the neighbor at the property. The neighbor was advised to stay away from the property.

— Timothy Allen Potts, 34, no address listed, was served with a warrant in court at 8:56 a.m. Monday.

— A Harvey Avenue resident filed a missing persons reported at 9:25 p.m. Sunday.

— Officers responded to the 500 block of Wilbert Avenue at 5:48 p.m. Sunday in reference to a road rage incident between ex-lovers that resulted from the boyfriend not accepting the split up. The boyfriend was told to leave the girlfriend alone.

— A West Fourth Street resident reported at 5:13 p.m. Sunday that a woman has been harassing her for the past couple years and wanted to know how to get a protection order. She was told how to get the order and to keep all messages from the other woman.


— Officers responded to the 400 block of North Lincoln Avenue at 9:12 p.m. Wednesday where a resident reported a neighbor was coming into her home and stealing grocery items.

— Officers responded to the 500 block of Bank Street at 8:47 p.m. Wednesday in reference to a domestic dispute and learned that nothing physical had taken place. One of the people involved left for the night.

— Officers responded to the 300 block of West Wilson Street at 7:44 p.m. Wednesday in reference to a domestic dispute and learned that nothing physical took place during a verbal argument over personal property.

— Officers responded to the 900 block of West Wilson Street at 7:38 p.m. Wednesday in reference to a domestic dispute and found that a juvenile was being unruly and refusing to come into the house. After a brief investigation the matter was resolved.

— A juvenile was cited for no driver’s license after backing out of a parking space in the 400 block of South Lundy Avenue at 4:52 p.m. Wednesday and striking a parked vehicle.

— Officers responded to the 200 block of East Sixth Street at 3:23 p.m. Wednesday in reference to a juvenile problem and learned that a juvenile was upset with parents over an issue with his cell phone, leading to a verbal dispute. The juvenile was advised he needs to learn some patience.

— Officers responded to the 400 block of North Lincoln Avenue at 3:12 p.m. Wednesday in reference to a person in a red vehicle in the driveway of a home where the resident did not want the person to be. Officers found no vehicles at the residence and checked the surrounding area without success.

— Crystal R. Hoskinson, 30, no address listed, was cited for a dog at large violation after officers responded to the 600 block of Woodland Avenue at 2:34 p.m. Wednesday where a woman reported she was sitting outside with her small dog when Hoskinson’s dog came from behind a house across the street and attacked her dog. The woman said she was bitten while attempting to separate the dogs.


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)
Are you a paying subscriber to the newspaper? *


Starting at $4.61/week.

Subscribe Today