— Officers responded to a residence on West Lincoln Way for a reported assault at 10:42 a.m. Tuesday. Officers spoke to the victim who had wounds across his face and head. He reported that Ronald Eneix, 31, Lisbon, punched him in the face when he asked Eneix to leave. The victim was transported to a local hospital and Eneix was arrested and transported to the county jail.

— Officers conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle on North Market Street at 2 p.m. Sept. 7. An officer noticed that two of the passengers appeared to be extremely nervous and one was noticeably shaking during their investigation. While searching the vehicle, officers found a glass pipe with residue wedged between the front passenger seat and center console. It was determined to belong to one of the passengers, Chelsea L. Donahoe, 30, East Palestine. She was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia and transported to the county jail.


— During a routine patrol, officers noticed a suspicious vehicle parked at Quick Mart and More on State Route 7 Tuesday. When officers approached the vehicle Travis McDevitt, 19, of Youngstown along with a youth ran from the vehicle. Officers arrested both people for receiving stolen property and obstructing official business for fleeing.

— A resident reported attempted unemployment fraud Tuesday.

— An elderly driver was stopped near the circle Tuesday evening. Officers provided a courtesy transport home and suggested the drivers license be reexamined.

— Two residents came on station to report identity theft Monday.


— The owner of the Etched in Stone bar mistakenly set off the alarm Wednesday morning.

— Tuesday officers assisted Washingtonville Police with a complaint regarding a fight in a parking lot. Officers surveyed the area but were unable to locate any suspects.

— The alarm at Leetonia Schools was triggered Monday by a United Dairy driver making a delivery.

— An officer responded to a noise complaint on Columbia Street Sunday. The home owners advised the officer they would have their son turn the music down.

— Officers were unable to verify a complaint regarding loud music from the Tipsy Cow Saturday.

— Officers were called out to Pennex industrial park regarding harassment Thursday. After patrolling the area officers found no vehicles or persons matching the complaint. An officer advised Dustin E. Chapman, of Columbiana, there would be no tolerance for false reports like the ones Columbiana Police Department has on file.

— A water department employee reported being harassed while flushing water hydrants Monday.

— A resident on Ridge Street reported being bit by a neighbor’s dog after the animal wondered into his garage Sunday. The man reported the dog had gone after the family pet. The incident was reported on Tuesday. The dogs owners were notified the dog would be quarantined and paperwork filed with the county health department.


— A distraught person was reported in the 1100 block of Benton Road at 12:27 a.m. Wednesday. Police learned everything was fine and it was a misunderstanding.

— A West Sixth Street man who’s not permitted at his home right now asked police at 9:12 p.m. Tuesday how he’s supposed to get his mail to prevent any delinquencies. No one was home, but police said they’ll check again and told him to contact his attorney.

— A combative patient attempting to leave Salem Regional Medical Center was reported at 8:53 p.m. Tuesday. Staff said everything was ok and the patient returned to their room.

— An officer at 7:38 p.m. Tuesday was flagged down on State Street by a male and female walking who said the front door to a business was open. Police located an employee working after hours who didn’t realize the door was open. The employee secured the door. The owner confirmed the employee being allowed there.

— Police were called at 4:44 p.m. Tuesday to the 2100 block of Monroe Street for a report of two people holding up a female. Police learned she had just been released from a nursing home and fell twice when she got out of a taxi. She declined medical attention and was able to answer questions appropriately. She was assisted to her apartment and had two methods to call for help if necessary.

— Suspicious activity was reported at 4:31 p.m. Tuesday in the 400 block of East Seventh Street where a caller reported seeing a female possibly using drugs in a vehicle. Police made contact with the female and she denied using any drugs and said she was fine.

— Police responded at 4:29 p.m. Tuesday to the 1500 block of Southeast Boulevard for a vehicle parked in a front yard. A woman said the vehicle belongs to her mother, who is handicapped and cannot walk very far. She said she was notified by the city and was thinking there could be a handicap exception. She was told to contact the housing department and to have the vehicle moved by someone who can repark it. Police also suggested another way for her mother to park. She was told if it continues, she could be cited.

— Officers were flagged down at 12:46 p.m. Tuesday on Rose Avenue for a dispute. No dispute was found, just a misunderstanding. Everything was fine.

— Police responded at 12:23 p.m. Tuesday to the 400 block of Continental for a person attempting to enter an apartment. Police learned it was a mistake by a person who thought they still lived at that apartment. The person was told to refrain from repeating the incident.

— A woman from the 200 block of West 14th Street reported at 8:42 a.m. Tuesday that she believed her daughter took several blank checks from a closed account and cashed them. The woman received a letter from a collection agency for a check written on Aug. 31, 2021 at Giant Eagle for $83.16 but she did not write the check. The blank checks had been in her house and no one had permission to be there. The total fee from the collection agency was $123.16. Police planned to follow up at Giant Eagle. The woman wanted to pursue charges.

— Stephanie Chrystal, 40, Columbia Street, was charged with domestic violence and taken to jail after a domestic dispute was reported at 7:18 a.m. Tuesday in the 400 block of South Lundy. A man said he and his wife were exchanging custody of their son and she started yelling at him then proceeded to chest bump and push him as he was trying to walk away. An independent witness confirmed what he said. While police were talking with him, the wife was standing at the police station waiting for officers. Police spoke with her and she was taken into custody.


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)
Are you a paying subscriber to the newspaper? *


Starting at $4.50/week.

Subscribe Today