County Sheriff

— Deputies responded to a loud music complaint at a Walnut Street, Washingtonville, home at 10:55 p.m. Saturday. Deputies could hear nothing from the street and very little music when they went around to the back of the home, where there was a small campfire some distance from the home. The owner said he had been keeping it to a minimum.

— Someone was reported inside a home on state Route 39 in Yellow Creek Township at 9:42 a.m. Sunday. A young child said he could hear someone groaning inside the house and he ran outside to hide before calling deputies. A dispatcher called the child’s mother, who said her husband was the only other person in the house. The mother found the child outside and deputies did not respond.

— An air compressor was reported stolen from a Schneider Road, Hanover Township home at 1:45 p.m. Sunday. However, after speaking with another family member the owner determined the air compressor had not been stolen.

— An assault was reported on a Southern Local bus at 4:31 p.m. Monday. It was determined the assault happened within the village of Salineville and the matter was turned over to the Salineville police Chief Matt Devlin.

— An unruly child was reported at a Middle Street, Homeworth home at 4:17 p.m. Monday. A woman told deputies her son will not listen and got drunk the other days without permission. He was not in the yard where he had been told to stay, but was across the street talking to other children when deputies arrived. Additionally, he reportedly has been missing a lot of school. Deputies explained the process of contacting juvenile court to file an unruly charge.


— An officer was dispatched to a residence on East Lincoln Way for a loud noise complaint at 4:45 p.m. April 14. The officer spoke with one of her neighbors who was having band practice. The officer informed him of the noise ordinance and told him to keep it down.

— Officers were dispatched to a residence on North Market Street at 8:41 a.m. April 8 after a woman called to have her son removed from the property. The son said he wanted to gather up some belongings and then he would willingly leave.

— Officers were dispatched to a residence on West Lincoln Way at 7:37 p.m. April 5 for two men arguing. Upon arrival, the men were sitting on the couch drinking beer and one of the men told the officers he was about to call them because the other man wouldn’t leave. The other man was highly intoxicated and was struggling to speak. Officers helped him to his apartment and he agreed to stay there.

— Amanda Johnson was arrested on a warrant out of the county sheriff’s office at 2:20 p.m. April 11. Johnson was taken to the county jail.


— Anthony Kelly, 32, Columbiana, was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct at 4:06 p.m. Monday after he shouted an inappropriate slur at a customer leaving Generations Coffee on South Main Street. The customer called police to report that Kelly was waiting outside the shop and he was afraid he would try to cause problems. An officer escorted the customer out of the shop and Kelly yelled the slur as the customer tried to leave.

— A woman reported a nuisance tenant at the Lynn’s mobile home park on South Vine Street at 4:23 p.m. Monday. Extra parole will be conducted in the area.

— Fredrick E. Lash Jr., 27, Canton, was arrested for OVI and driving under suspension at 8:31 p.m. Monday. Jamielynn M. Bish, 36, Canton, was also arrested during the traffic stop for possession of marijuana after K-9 Csuti indicated to narcotic odor coming from the vehicle.


— An officer responded to a 300 block Anglemyer Street home at 12:05 p.m. Monday where the resident reported finding an arrow sticking in the ground on his property. The resident said his young grandchildren play in the yard when visiting and he fears them getting hit. The officer checked with neighbors and found one on Stoy Street to the back of the complainant’s property who said the arrow had come from her backyard by a juvnile who missed the target. She said the issue would be taken care of and not happen again.


— A dog was reported at large at 6:37 a.m. Tuesday in the 600 block of East Sixth Street and found with its owner.

— A dog was found in the back yard of a residence in the 1100 block of Cleveland Street at 1:26 a.m. Tuesday. Officers took the dog to a kennel where it will be safe until the owner can be found.

— A caller had a dog at large in his garage in the 100 block of West Ninth Street at 10:41 p.m. Monday. Officers returned the dog to its owner.

— Police were told Monday night that a police badge was left on the basketball court at Centennial Park. The item was retrieved and appeared to be fake.

— A man was reported on the railroad tracks near the Allen Road crossing at 7:45 p.m. Monday. He was told about the laws and offered a ride, but was uncooperative and left on foot. Perry Police had also responded.

— A dog at large was reported at 6:28 p.m. Monday in the 200 block of Vine Avenue. Police found the owner, who was told about required licensing and the dog at large ordinance.

— An officer at 4:04 p.m. Monday saw a protection order violation at the rear of a residence in the 700 block of West Wilson Street, but then learned the order had been rescinded by the protected person. The prosecutor’s office told police not to arrest the violator in question.

— A juvenile issue was reported at 6:08 p.m. Monday in the 1000 block of Newgarden Avenue where a woman said juveniles were making racial comments towards her daughter, upsetting her. Officers spoke to the juveniles and their parents about the incident.

— A set of keys found near American Standard were turned over to police at 3:15 p.m. Monday.

— Police responded to a reported fight at 2:51 p.m. Monday at Hawley near Fourth Street. The parties were separated, information was taken and the matter referred to the prosecutor’s office for charges.

— A caller in the 2000 block of Monroe at 9:17 p.m. Monday requested a well-being check after hearing noises that sounded like someone yelling for help. Officers checked on a woman and her son and both were fine and not in any distress. No medical treatment was wanted.

— A woman in the 900 block of East Fourth Street reported at 8:53 p.m. Monday that her neighbor’s truck was parked on the side of her house. Officers told the neighbor to move the truck out of the yard.

— A well-being check was requested at 2:22 p.m. Monday in the 700 block of East Third Street, but the address didn’t exist and police learned the person lived outside the city.

— Alarms were reported at 1:59 p.m. and 9:29 a.m. Monday for a closed business in the 200 block of North Ellsworth Avenue, but the exterior was secure.

Perry Township

— The deaths of an elderly woman and her dog found Tuesday morning are under investigation after police had the fire department check for a possible carbon monoxide leak in the residence on East Pidgeon Road. A care worker called at 9:47 a.m. to report finding her client dead on the floor in the living room. The dog was also there. The county coroner’s office is investigating.

— Michael Vanhorn, 34, of Sebring, was taken to SRMC to be evaluated after reportedly blacking out while following an ambulance to the hospital at 8:08 a.m. Tuesday, causing his vehicle to go left of center and strike a utility pole at Goshen Road and Pine Lake Road. Damascus and Perry Township fire departments secured the area in case the pole snapped.

— A panic alarm was reported at 5:15 a.m. Tuesday in the 1400 block of West State Street. Police checked the exterior and saw through a window that an elderly female had fallen and could not get up. With help from the sheriff’s office, officers made entry and helped her up. An ambulance was refused. Police left after the woman’s grandson arrived.

— A protection order violation was reported at 8:57 a.m. Monday on Andrew Avenue. Charges will be forwarded to the prosecutor’s office.

East Liverpool

— Robert A. Bailey was arrested at 11:44 a.m. April 13 in the 500 block of Sturgis Avenue on a charge of domestic violence, after allegedly threatening his live-in finance with a small sledgehammer.

— Patrick Murphy was cited at 5:27 p.m. April 13 outside Bricker’s with driving under suspension and no turn signal. He also was found to have a warrant through the county.

— Nathan Mayhew was arrested at 3:57 a.m. April 13 near the Fawcett Apartments on a charge of public intoxication, after he was found passed out in the breezeway.

— Nicole Morrison was served with a summons at 9:13 a.m. Monday for a housing code violation.

— Barry J. Keyes was served at 9:14 a.m. Monday with an outstanding warrant in East Liverpool city hall.

— Kelly Howard was cited at 1:47 a.m. Saturday in the Parkway and Rubicon area for illegal plates.

— Matthew Young was arrested at 4:25 a.m. Saturday in the area of West Sixth Street on charges of driving under suspension, expired plates and drug paraphernalia (marijuana).

— A high school student was reported at 9:46 a.m. Wednesday, after allegedly making “alarming searches on school Wi-Fi.”

— A Fawcett Apartments resident reported that her 12-year-old grandson was throwing Cheetos and she doesn’t want him living with her. The boy had left by the time police arrived.

— Allen Yoder was cited at 2 a.m. April 12 in the first block of Lisbon Street with driving no operator’s license.

— A Sunnyside Street woman reported April 12 that she was the victim of a Google Play gift cards’ fraud.

— A man was discovered deceased in his chair at 10:46 a.m. April 12 in his Fawcett apartment.

— A catalytic converter was cut off at 8:41 a.m. April 11 in the 300 block of North Shadylane Drive.

— Police responded at 11:14 p.m. April 12 in the 300 block of North Shadylane Drive for two sisters involved in a screaming match.

— A Market Street Lofts’ resident reported at 2:12 p.m. April 12 after she returned home after an appointment and found her apartment ransacked.

— A woman in the 500 block of East Fifth Street reported at 10:32 p.m. April 12 that she was sick, so an ambulance and officer was sent.

— A man sleeping in the Diamond was reported at 11:40 a.m. April 12 and sent on his way.

— A police officer gave a driver with a flat tire near Dairy Queen a courtesy transport sometime after 5:18 a.m. April 13.

— Police responded at 9:50 p.m. April 13 to East Liverpool City Hospital for a suspicious person in the parking lot.

— Officers were dispatched at 3:49 p.m. April 13 in the 700 block of Sophia Street to a fight.

— Dairy Queen employees reported at 5:15 p.m. April 13 of a customer throwing ice cream at the building, after they told them that they wouldn’t exchange the items. The customers were banned from the property.

— A disabled vehicle was reported at 8:49 p.m. April 13 in the 300 block of Smith Street.

— A 28-year-old local man was discovered deceased at 7:43 a.m. Wednesday in the 500 block of First Avenue. Michael Labi was discovered lying on the porch, cold and responsive, after arriving at a family residence eight hours before. Police had responded at 8:27 p.m. the night before to the 1200 block of Erie Street, where Labi had been allegedly intoxicated and seen outside a residence.

— Police responded at 11:15 p.m. Wednesday in the 300 block of North Shadylane Drive to investigate a possible domestic dispute.

— A business owner in the 2100 block of Harvey Avenue reported at 12:31 p.m. Wednesday that someone had broke into his truck, removing and damaging items.

— An officer responded at 1:09 p.m. Wednesday in the 300 block of Vine Street for a possible domestic, where a crying woman describes her husband “as a horrible person” but stopped short of reporting any violence.

— A mother of two teenagers reported at 2:23 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of Oak Street, after the children got into a physical fight with th one brandishing a hammer.

— Savors Auto Sales reported at 9:17 a.m. Wednesday in the 1900 block of Harvey Avenue that someone stole three catalytic converters were stolen overnight from vehicles on their lot.

— A St. Clair Avenue woman reported at 2:25 p.m. Thursday that someone had purchased $46 worth of merchandise using her bank card from a Texas Walmart.

— A camper was towed at 2:26 pm. Thursday from a resident in the 2200 block of Harvey Avenue to a Valley Avenue address for repair.

— Police documented a report of unwanted person at 12:10 a.m. Saturday in the 100 block of Reynolds Street. The woman had showed up at the residence wanted money from the safe to bail her son out of jail.

— A man was given a verbal warning at 2:42 a.m. Saturday in the area of Parkway and Anderson for a number of equipment issues.

— Police responded at 11:39 p.m. Saturday in the 700 block of St. Clair Avenue for an intoxicated man who was transported to East Liverpool City Hospital.

— Fire crews and a city housing inspector responded at 9:43 a.m. Monday in the 300 block of Grant Street for a complaint of junk in the yard of a home in tax foreclosure.

— The driver of a Mercury Mountaineer was given a verbal warning for expired license plates at 6:03 a.m. April 12 in the first block of Jefferson Street.

— A Florida resident was given a verbal warning for no license plate light and expired plates at 2:05 a.m. April 13 in the first block of Marcus Street.

— A man was given a verbal warning at 3:23 a.m. April 12 in the first block of St. Clair Avenue for a plate light violation, after he was pulled over when leaving Woodland Hills for a traffic stop.

— A warning was given to a driver at 9:20 p.m. Saturday in the area of Lincoln and East Eighth, where a vehicle had been stopped for no lights.


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)


Starting at $4.50/week.

Subscribe Today