— A Pearl Street resident reported on station at 3:38 p.m. Sunday her ex-boyfriend, who still lives at the home, had been taking her prescription medications and money needed to pay for bills. She was advised of the eviction process and how to get a protection order. An officer responded to the home shortly after the resident left when the ex-boyfriend reported she was throwing his belongings out of the house. The officer told the resident to stop and again advised her of the eviction process. The ex-boyfriend agreed to leave for the rest of the day, but filed his own complaint against the resident regarding alleged threats she made against his life.

— An officer responded to a 100 block Chestnut Street home at 7:24 p.m. Sunday to assist the fire department with a stove fire. The officer showed the firefighters where the home was located.

— An officer responded to the 100 block of Pine Street at 8:06 p.m. Monday in reference to a howling dog but could not hear anything in the area.


— A woman in the 400 block of West State Street reported at 3:54 a.m. Tuesday that on Saturday, a white pickup towing a camper caused damage to her back yard, adjacent to the alley. She noticed the camper at a business. Police took photos of the mud-covered camper and damage to her yard. Police planned to follow up with the business.

— A dog was reported at large in the 400 block of East Eighth Street at 6:33 p.m. Monday. Officers located the owner and were able to catch the dog, giving the owner a verbal warning for dog at large.

— A person from East Sixth Street came to the station at 6:20 p.m. Monday to report his landlord/father told him to be moved out within three hours. He also said his niece was staying with him due to issues at home and didn’t want to go back. His father had custody of the girl. Officers spoke to the other side involved and told him the eviction process in Ohio. He said he let the girl stay with his son for a week and she was refusing to come back. An officer spoke to the girl and her guardian came to pick her up.

— A driver in the 300 block of Penn Avenue reported at 4:55 p.m. Monday that he was backing out of the apartment complex parking lot when the left rear bumper of his truck hit the driver side of an unoccupied blue Chevy Cobalt parked on the street. Police were unable to make contact with the Cobalt owner, but planned to follow up.

— A woman from Rose Avenue reported at 9:44 a.m. Monday that a company took her clothes from her home on Vine Avenue after the roof caved in and they’re now refusing to give the clothes back. Officers spoke to the company man who said the bill was never paid so the clothes can’t be returned yet. Both sides were told it’s a civil matter.

— A caller in the 300 block of West Pershing Street reported at 2:13 p.m. Monday that two dogs appeared to be neglected due to being chained outside in the cold weather. Police spoke with the owner and observed the dogs appeared well-fed. The dog houses were insulated and had lighting to keep the dogs warm. The dogs were also brought inside at night.

— A man in the 300 block of West Fifth Street reported at 11:40 a.m. Monday that a female known to him and her husband have been sending him unwanted messages. He said they’re also harassing his girlfriend and sending her parents messages on social media. They were told to cease contact, but they haven’t stopped. The girlfriend told police she and her stepmother are being contacted by the people on social media. Officers attempted contact with the people and a message was left for them to call the police department.

— Police were called at 10:49 a.m. Monday to the 500 block of Fair Avenue for one to be removed. A woman said someone was in her son’s home who had been trespassed. Police located the person, but the resident said the person was allowed to be there again.

— A caller at 10:44 a.m. Monday reported a semi truck parked in the alley blocking the road behind the 500 block of East State Street. No semi was located and the alley was open.

— A medical emergency was reported at 8:59 a.m. Monday in the 100 block of Railroad Street. A male was transported to the hospital by KLG ambulance. Fire department medics were on scene also.

— A dispute was reported at 8:22 a.m. Monday in the 500 block of Walnut Street. A man said he had a dispute with his girlfriend over some information she shared with him. She said she was fine and nothing was needed. Both denied any physical violence occurred.

— A driver received a verbal warning for speeding after a traffic stop at 9:33 p.m. Monday in the 100 block of Benton Road. K-9 Argo indicated to the presence of narcotic odors, but nothing illegal was found during a search.

— A well-being check was requested at 8:35 p.m. Monday in the 100 block of West Seventh Street. Police contacted the person and determined everything was ok.


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)


Starting at $4.39/week.

Subscribe Today