– A juvenile in the 7800 block of Lusk Lock Road in Elkrun Township called at 2:25 p.m. July 5 to report a possible incident of child abuse. He alleged that his father punched him in the back. The father explained that when he went to smack the boy’s rear end for talking back, the juvenile moved. Deputies informed the parties of the difference between child abuse and discipline, as well as the juvenile of the penalties for misuse of 911 since this was not the incident.
– A Center Township man reported that he could hear someone yelling at the top of his lungs from a neighboring residence at 1:43 a.m. Sunday. Upon arrival, the deputy discerned it was an 11-year-old boy playing video games in a back bedroom. The man said he will tell the youth to quiet down.
– Officers responded at 1:05 a.m. Sunday to the area of North Front Street in Negley for a noise complaint. and found numerous vehicles in the area. The deputy advised the owners’ son to keep it down.
– A family member reported at 3:49 a.m. Sunday that her daughter-in-law was intoxicated and refusing to come home from the Tipsy Cow Bar. Upon arrival, a deputy learned from the bar manager that the woman left more than an hour prior with a bunch of people after last call.
– A deputy responded at 4:28 a.m. Sunday to East Liverpool City Hospital for a subject who accidentally shot himself with a firearm.