— Officers responded to Fairfield Avenue where a window was shot at with a pellet gun at 12:31 a.m. Friday. Officers searched the area and were unable to find a suspect.


— Officers responded to East State Street after a moving vehicle was struck by an egg at 12:24 a.m. Sunday. The matter is under investigation.

— Police responded to Southeast Boulevard to take a theft report at 7:42 p.m. Saturday. Police were provided footage of a man getting into a vehicle and taking a wallet containing credit and debit cards. The investigation is pending.

— An officer responded to a report from a local pizza shop worker who was receiving multiple calls from a customer who had an issue with their order. The issue was resolved.

— Police responded to Hawley Avenue for a neighbor dispute over loud music at 12:59 a.m. Saturday. Officers advised the neighbor to keep the noise down.

— Officers responded to East State Street for a theft of gas at Smith Oil Gas Station at 2:16 p.m. Friday. A grey Chevy Impala pumped $12.85, and the driver left without paying. The vehicle was not located.

— Officers responded to Jennings Avenue for a report of a man sitting on someone’s porch at 11:24 a.m. Friday. The man was found but denied sitting on the porch. He stated he would continue to be on his way.

Sheriff’s Office

— Jimmy L. Newell, 49, of Canton, was arrested for criminal trespassing and illegal conveyance of a cell phone after FCI Elkton and corrections officers found him on the property at 2:19 a.m. Saturday.

— A state Route 154 resident reported that her neighbor across the was playing loud music while sitting in his car at 12:50 a.m. Saturday. When she went over to the car, he was passed out drunk in the front seat. She yelled at him, and he ignored her. Deputies checked the area and were unable to locate any loud music or anybody passed out in a vehicle.

Salem fire

— Firefighters responded to a complaint at 11:35 a.m. Saturday in the 100 block of West Second Street for a strong odor of natural gas in the area. Upon arrival, no odor was present. Areas around the structure were checked with a gas meter with no hazards found.