County Sheriff

— Deputies assisted a Hartley Road, Butler Township, woman at 2:45 p.m. Monday after neighbors said they had not seen her for a while. She was found on the ground between her car and front door. She could not get up on her own, but deputies assisted her. She tripped trying to get into her vehicle about 30 minutes earlier. She refused medical treatment.

–An elderly man was reported stealing a dog at 9:32 a.m. Monday in the area of Clewell Drive, Hanover Township. The man then reportedly returned the dog and then pushed another man during an argument. Both the victim of the theft and the man pushed declined to pursue charges.

— A woman on state Route 45, Salem Township, reported at 6:34 p.m. Monday she could hear her neighbor yelling they wanted to die and wanted to kill themselves. Deputies contacted the person, who was found to be fine.

— A suspicious man was reported sitting in a car, slumped over the wheel in a parking lot along state Route 344 in Columbiana at 7:33 p.m. Monday. He left before deputies arrived.

— A Kelly Park Road, Fairfield Township, woman reported at 2:23 p.m. Friday someone opened a PayPal account in her name and had a total of $901 in charges on the account.

Highway Patrol

— Misty K. Mathna, 48, of Salem, was cited for a right-of-way violation when she failed to stop at a stop sign on state Route 558 in Fairfield Township and collided with Jeremiah D. Kibler, 24, of Youngstown, at 6:14 p.m. Sunday.


— A possible theft was reported at a Maple Hill address at 7:45 p.m., Sunday.

— A possible trespassing was reported at a Walnut Ridge address at 5:30 p.m. Sunday.

— First responders came to an East Main Street home at 9:47 p.m., Jan. 1, where a man was having a possible stroke. North Star EMS transported the man to the baseball field and he was flown to Allegheny Hospital for further treatment.

— Police assisted someone at a West Main Street address, who was locked out of their vehicle at 1:30 p.m. Dec. 31.

— Police investigated suspected underage drinking at a Maple Hill Road address at 11:44 p.m. Dec. 31.

East Liverpool

— A resident of the 300 block of Wilbert Avenue reported shortly after midnight Jan. 5 that she suspected her ex, whom she has a protection order against, was outside her apartment. Police found no one.

— Two females separated for the night, after officers responded at 8:31 p.m. Jan. 5 to the 200 block of Wilbert Avenue for them fighting.

— An female was advised to leave for the night at 5:56 a.m. Jan. 5 in the 900 block of Florence Avenue, where she had been honking her horn and screaming for her boyfriend who would not come outside.

— A residence in the 400 block of First Avenue was burglarized sometimes before 9 p.m. Jan. 4, according to a caller who returned home to find an unknown subject had entered through a bedroom items, ransacked the property and stole some items.

— A warrant was issued for Christian Nathaniel Jackson, 26, no address provided, on a charge of domestic violence, a fourth-degree felony. Jackson is accused of assaulting his grandmother shortly before 5:09 p.m. Jan. 5, when he allegedly threatened and charged her, causing her to fall to the floor and injure herself. He allegedly had been convicted of domestic violence in 2013.

— A complainant from the first block of West 6th Street reported at 8 p.m. Jan. 3 that her downstairs neighbor continuously harasses her and asked for documentation.

— Jamilyn Huston, no address provided, was arrested at 1:56 a.m. Jan. 6 in the first block of state Route 39 on charges of possession of drug paraphernalia and drug abuse instruments, after a routine traffic stop. Huston originally gave officers a false name and was found in possession of two capped syringes, according to the report. Police also recovered a digital scale with white residue and her identification from her purse.

— Officers were dispatched at 3:39 a.m. Jan. 6 to the 700 block of Lincoln Avenue for a disturbance, where occupants were told to keep it down for the rest of the night.

Liverpool Township

–Michael Geibel, no address provided, was served at 9:27 p.m. Jan. 3 down Shadyside and served with a warrant for a probation violation, after he allegedly broke into a caller’s house.

–A woman in the 1200 block of Allen Avenue filed an animal complaint. According to the woman, she and her dog were confronted by a dog from the 1100 block of Faulk Avenue, which habitually runs loose.


— An officer on patrol at 3:40 a.m. Tuesday spoke to a male on Hawley Avenue near East Fifth Street who said he was locked out of his residence and just walking around. He was offered help to get back inside but declined, saying he felt like walking around.

— A man who’s currently in Arizona wanted a welfare check at 3:07 a.m. Tuesday on his son who lives with the mother in Salem. Officers checked on the child three days earlier and found good living conditions and that the child was fine. Since it was after 3 a.m., officers declined to do a welfare check and advised the father of his options regarding custody.

— A suspicious vehicle was reported at 1:12 a.m. Tuesday in Centennial Park after hours. The vehicle was unoccupied and not parked in a parking spot. Police logged the information since the location of the owner was unknown.

— A woman in the 500 block of East Fourth Street reported a loud television at 11:24 p.m. Monday, saying the person would turn the volume up after being asked to turn it down. Officers attempted to make contact with an elderly male at the apartment but were unable. He turned the volume down but didn’t come to the door.

— A woman in the 400 block of West Pershing reported loud persons at 11:19 p.m. Monday, saying neighbors were slamming doors and talking at a high volume. Police spoke to those involved and no disruptive noise was suspected at the time.

— A woman in the 100 block of West Pershing reported at 10:45 p.m. Monday that a man had been sitting in her back yard without an invitation. He told police she asked him to leave the residence only. Officers told him he wasn’t welcome inside the home or on the property. A criminal trespass warning was issued and he left.

— Police were called at 10 p.m. Monday to the 2300 block of East State Street to assist fire department first responders and KLG regarding a medical incident, staying until the patient was taken to St. Elizabeth Hospital.

— Destiny Powell, 22, whose last known address was Lake Milton, was taken into custody on an active warrant for failure to appear on a theft charge after an officer who knew about the warrant saw her walking at 9:11 p.m. Monday in the 1100 block of East State Street. She was turned over to a deputy to be taken to jail.

— An officer at 8:50 p.m. Monday came across four dogs running in the road in the 1000 block of East Third Street. One dog was placed in the cruiser while the officer kept an eye on the others. A few moments later, the owner walked out of her home and said the dogs belonged to her and they had slipped under the fence in her back yard. The dogs were returned to her, along with one found on Cleveland Street. She was warned for dogs at large.

— A dog was reported at large on Cleveland Street at 8:47 p.m. Monday. The dog and owner were found and the owner received a warning for dog at large.

— Police took a report from Akron Children’s Hospital in Boardman at 8:07 p.m. Monday regarding injuries that occurred to a juvenile allegedly at Salem Regional Medical Center. A doctor believed the injuries to be accidental and due to another medical emergency. The juvenile officer was made aware.

— Residents of an apartment on Monroe reported at 7:37 p.m. Monday that a female known to them was refusing to give back their property. It was a civil issue but officers contacted her and she agreed to bring the property to the police station. The property was returned to the owners.

— A possible suicide attempt was reported at 7:12 p.m. Monday in the 100 block of North Broadway Avenue where a man said he hasn’t been on his prescribed medication for some time now and wanted to harm himself. Fire department first responders and KLG responded and he was taken to a hospital.

— A barking dog was reported at 6:04 p.m. Monday in the 400 block of Vine Avenue, but nothing was heard.

— A man in the 700 block of East Fourth Street reported at 5:59 p.m. Monday that a woman walked her dog into his yard and allowed it to defecate and didn’t clean it up. He said this has happened multiple times. Officers weren’t able to make contact with her.

— A woman on Highland Avenue reported at 4:30 p.m. Monday that a male has been calling her from an unknown number and leaving unpleasant voicemails. She also said a known male had called her work and spoke to her manager. The incident is under investigation.

— Police were called at 3:55 p.m. Monday to the 200 block of South Ellsworth Avenue where a juvenile appeared confused, but could not be located.

— Police spoke with a female at 2:06 p.m. Monday about possible fraud. Officers determined it may have been a technical mistake at her bank.

— Police at 1:23 p.m. Monday assisted the East Liverpool Police Department in finding a stolen item in the 2500 block of East State Street.

— A person to be removed was reported at 1:08 p.m. Monday at Dunkin’ Donuts, 855 W. State St., where police made contact and told the person they were criminally trespassed from the business. They left without incident.

— Police were called at 12:25 p.m. Monday to the 900 block of South Lundy Avenue for a female wanting to physically harm herself. She told officers she needed medical attention and a mental evaluation for thoughts of harming herself and that she also had thoughts of harming the male she was staying with. First responders and KLG responded and she said she was willing to go to the hospital, but then refused to go. Police issued a pink slip to order she be taken to Salem Regional Medical Center and evaluated.

— A dog was reported at large at 11:41 a.m. Monday in the 400 block of South Lundy, but was not found.

— An officer was flagged down at 11:23 a.m. Monday in the 800 block of North Ellsworth Avenue by a male who wanted accompanied to gather his personal belongings from a nearby home due to ongoing issues and a feeling that peace could be breached without police there. Upon arrival on West Seventh Street, his belongings were found on the porch and he was able to take them.

— An East Liverpool man spoke to officers at 11:22 a.m. Monday about rumors he heard about not being allowed back at an establishment in Goshen Township.

— Police responded at 10:41 a.m. Monday to the Home Depot parking lot on East State Street for a private property crash, learning the crash may have happened the day before and the other vehicle involved left the scene. Photos were taken of damage to a Salem man’s Chevy Malibu.

— An open door was reported at 8:55 a.m. Monday at a residence for sale on North Ellsworth Avenue. Officers checked the interior and nothing appeared damaged or out of place. The door was secured.

— A man reported a dispute in the 100 block of West Seventh Street at 7:17 a.m. Monday. No violence or criminal acts were reported. He was told the incident would be documented.

— A man in the 1400 block of East State Street reported at 6:48 a.m. Monday that a female who was visiting took his dog home with her. The woman was contacted and said the man had been acting aggressively and when she left, the dog jumped into the car with her. She didn’t take the dog back due to the man’s behavior. No physical violence occurred. Officers returned to the dog to the man.

Perry Township

— Police were called at 7:59 a.m. Tuesday to Brookdale, 1916 S. Lincoln Ave., for a complaint of a raccoon sitting in front of the employee entrance unwilling to leave. Police were able to get the animal to leave by using a broom to guide him away from the building. Several hours later, the raccoon returned and was taken to the woods. The raccoon showed no signs of disease and was not aggressive.

— Police were asked at 9:40 a.m. Monday to check on an adult female in the 800 block of Cunningham Road after her mother was unable to contact her by phone. The female told police she was fine and her mother was in a nursing home in Wooster. She will attempt to contact her.


— An officer responded to a 400 block Somer Street home at 10:22 a.m. Friday where a resident reported someone had moved stakes marking the lawn for snow removal by the street department. An officer spoke with the suspect juveniles who admitted to moving the stakes and their father said via phone he would talk to them when he returned home. The officer then observed one of the juveniles putting the stakes back in the ground.

— An officer responded to a Chestnut Street home at 9:11 p.m. Sunday where the resident said someone he knows had been threatening him. The officer spoke with the other person and advised him not to contact the resident anymore. The officer returned to the home with medical personnel approximately 20 minutes later after the resident said he was not feeling well and had chest pain. After being evaluated by a medic, the resident refused to be transported to a hospital.


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)


Starting at $4.39/week.

Subscribe Today