— Timothy Johnson, 38, of Lisbon, was cited for failure to control when he traveled off the side of state Route 172 in West Township and struck a ditch at 5:11 a.m. Friday. The vehicle caught fire and was completely destroyed.
— Police responded to a smoke alarm going off at the Fleming House at 6:26 p.m. Thursday, which turned out to be from a grease fire from a resident cooking. The resident put out the fire before police arrived.
— Police were called to the Save A Lot at 9:21 a.m. Thursday because a woman known to police who has mental problems was there asking customers for money and cigarettes. The store owner told her to stay out of the store.
— A woman reported Friday being assaulted by her daughter while transporting her daughter to the county mental health center.
— Police responded to a bat in the house at 128 Harrison St. at 7:57 p.m. Friday. The officer had a net they used to get the bat out of the bathroom.
— Police responded to a smoke alarm going off at the Fleming House at 1 p.m. Nov. 18, which was from something a resident was cooking on the stove.
— A West Washington Street woman was treated for a dog bite to the arm on Saturday afternoon. The woman did not know who the dog belonged to, and police could not locate any canine running loose.
— Residents of Apple Grove apartments on Saltwell Road reported Nov. 18 a neighbor’s pitbull was running loose and scaring them. Police went to the dog-owner’s apartment and spoke to the owner, who said the dog had gotten loose. Brittani S. Price, 33, was cited for having a dog running loose.
— A woman reported that some of her items are lost from her home on Timberline Drive at 8:57 a.m. Sunday.
— A woman alleged she was assaulted shortly around midnight Nov. 24 in the parking lot of New Dimension, Anderson Boulevard. Officers learned the woman was intoxicated and refused to leave the premises as requested. Bar employees said she assaulted employees when they removed her and advised the activity might have been caught on surveillance video. The family of the alleged victim, who was at the hospital, was advised how to perhaps access the video and ask for assistance with potential charges.
— Preston Lamar English, no address provided, was arrested at 2:48 p.m. Nov. 23 on a charge of unauthorized use of a motor vehicle after he allegedly was found sleeping in a vehicle reported stolen with the keys still in his hands. He also was served with warrants for domestic violence and criminal trespass.
— A woman reported at 7:49 p.m. Nov. 22 in the 600 block of Broadway that someone had taken her purse containing cash, credit cards, key and her checkbook out of her parked car.
— A 100 block South Broadway resident reported at 10:50 a.m. Sunday a situation with a prior employer and his residence. It was determined to be a civil matter.
— Officers responded to a 1000 block Buckeye Avenue home at 1:59 p.m. Sunday where the resident reported someone had entered her unattached garage by removing a window and then took an unknown amount of money from her vehicle.
— An officer responded to the Salem Regional Medical Center at 2:14 p.m. Sunday to speak with a patient in reference to a concern she had. The matter is under investigation.
— A patrolling officer responded to the 2900 block of East State Street at 3:30 p.m. Sunday to conduct a well-being check. The person in question was fine and nothing criminal had occurred.
— An officer responded to a 2800 block East State Street business at 4:48 p.m. Sunday where a woman reported a family member with whom she does not get along had approached her and made snide remarks. An employee said she believed it to be a family matter and did not get involved. The complainant said she wanted the incident documented.
— Officers initiated a traffic stop in the 500 block of East Pershing Street at 5:12 p.m. Sunday in which a K-9 officer indicated a narcotic odor. A search of the vehicle uncovered contraband that was confiscated for testing. The driver was issued warnings for traffic and equipment violations.
— Police responded to the 1200 block of Depot Road at 6 p.m. Wednesday where the resident reported someone had put glue on the lock of his shed preventing access.
— An officer responded to an 1800 block South Lincoln Avenue business at 1:52 a.m. Thursday where the manager reported two people arguing on the property and asked them to be removed. The two people were found sitting in a vehicle in the parking lot and were advised to leave.
— An officer responded to state Route 14 west of the U.S. Route 62/state Route 45 interchange at 7:06 p.m. Thursday in reference to an elderly woman who appeared confused. It was determined she was lost and was escorted home by Goshen Township police.
— A North Egypt Road resident reported at 3:33 p.m. Friday the locks on a gate at Egypt and East Pine Lake Road had been damaged.
— Police responded to a medical alarm in the 1100 block of West Perry Road at 1:36 p.m. Saturday, but found it to be a false alarm.
— Police responded to the 300 block of Springdale Street at 3:08 p.m. Saturday where a resident reported his girlfriend had assaulted him. The complainant said he did not want to press charges, just for her to leave. The girlfriend said she was waiting for a ride and they were advised to stay away from each other until she leaves.
— Police responded to a 1700 block South Lincoln Avenue business at 3:49 p.m. Saturday where a complainant reported someone had put rocks in the rear tire valve stem on her vehicle. Police watched the security footage and have a report on file.
— Police received a call at 3:29 p.m. Saturday in reference to an argument between two adults at an 1800 block South Lincoln Avenue business, but were on a domestic complaint. Salem police responded to the incident.
— Police responded to a 1300 block Southridge Drive home at 5:42 p.m. Saturday in reference to an alarm drop. An officer spoke with the homeowner and found that the alarm had not been shut off fast enough and everything was fine.
— The fire department responded to a 1000 block Jennings Avenue business at 7:31 a.m. Sunday in reference to a fire alarm and found that a child had pulled the fire alarm and it was not resetting. The fire department also was not able reset the alarm and advised the business to be on alert for fire until the alarm could be fixed.
— The fire department responded to a fire alarm at the Salem Community Center at 8:37 a.m. Sunday and found that a sprinkler company had broken a line while working on the system and sprayed water directly into the alarm, activating it.