— Chadwick Richoz, 42, of 185 E. Main St., Washingtonville, was taken into custody at 5:11 a.m. Tuesday on a warrant for criminal trespassing after police checked a residence in the 500 block of Columbia Street for him. He was turned over to a sheriff’s deputy.

— Nicole Haynes, 30, of 1374 S. Lincoln Ave., was charged with criminal damaging and taken to the Columbiana County jail after police were called to the 500 block of Columbia Street at 3:37 a.m. Tuesday for a disturbance outside a home between a male and female. The report said the female wanted to stay at the residence because she had nowhere else to go. The male, who lives there and used to be in a relationship with the female, said she picked up a section of bed frame outside in the yard and struck the hood of a car in the driveway, denting and chipping the paint. She admitted to causing the damage and was taken into custody.

— Police responded at 12:31 a.m. Tuesday to the 200 block of Rose Avenue for a follow-up to an earlier call for people to be removed. The caller said the homeowner was staying in his residence. Police spoke to the homeowner who said it was ok for people to be at his apartment. Due to the person showing signs of withdrawal from illegal narcotics, the fire department and KLG ambulance responded. Officers located two straws on scene that may have been used for narcotics and seized them for testing. The male went to SRMC.

— A resident in the 900 block of South Lundy reported at 12:33 a.m. Tuesday that someone knocked on his door but when he looked, no one was there. Police found no one in the area.

— Police were called at 11:52 p.m. Monday to the 200 block of Vine Avenue for suspicious activity. A man wanted officers to remove all people from his friend’s apartment. He was told the homeowner would need to tell officers that, but officers said they would speak to the people. One person said the homeowner said it was ok for him to be there. Another person who was there gave officers permission to search his backpack and his person, with no contraband found.

— An intoxicated male came to the station at 11:46 p.m. Monday and said he needed a ride home. He was in a wheelchair and was told the police cruiser could not accommodate him and his wheelchair to provide a ride. His father was contacted and picked him up.

— A caller at 11:43 p.m. Monday reported a vehicle traveling west on East State was producing sparks underneath, then traveled south on Cunningham. The vehicle was not found.

— A drive-thru employee at Taco Bell, 1872 E. State St., reported at 11:01 p.m. Monday that they noticed a driver hiding a glass bottle possibly containing an alcoholic beverage, then traveled west on East State Street. Officers located the vehicle at a residence and spoke to the driver, but had negative signs of impairment or a glass bottle.

— Police responded at 10:04 p.m. Monday to the 900 block of South Lundy Avenue for a dispute without threats or violence. A female said the male took her cell phone and would not return it. The male said both phones are in his name. He agreed to return the phone she was using to alleviate the problem. The female left for the night.

— Allen Vancooney, 23, of 922 S. Union Ave., was charged with obstructing official business and taken into custody on a warrant for failure to appear on a charge of operating a vehicle under the influence after police were called for suspicious activity at 9:09 p.m. Monday in the 900 block of East Sixth Street. A caller said two people were entering a garage and did not reside there. Police located the two people and the male ultimately lied about his identity. Officers knew the person and knew he had an active warrant out of Columbiana County. The homeowner said the two people had permission to be there. The male was taken to the county jail.

— Maribeth Vineyard Paytas, 38, of 701 Bethel Drive, was charged with obstructing official business and taken to jail after police were called at 9:01 p.m. Monday for suspicious persons outside Coaches, 635 E. State St., drinking and talking about fighting each other. Officers made contact with the people and a female who was intoxicated and consuming alcohol on public property. The report said she lied multiple times about her identity and refused to provide satisfactory proof of her identity.

— Police were called at 8:34 p.m. Monday to Centennial Park for a report of a suspicious person. A woman told officers a male approximately 50 years old was going around the park trying to touch children on their heads and backs and saying odd things. Police were unable to find the person.

— A residential alarm was reported at 4:22 p.m. Monday in the 200 block of North Union Avenue, with police finding an open door. Officers and a K-9 cleared the residence. The homeowner arrived and nothing was found out of place.

— A dog was reported unattended in a vehicle at Walmart at 4:03 p.m. Monday. Police found the vehicle parked under a tree in the shade. All four windows were cracked 2 inches or more and the interior did not feel too hot.

— A dog was reported at large in the 600 block of Newgarden Avenue at 2:23 p.m. Monday. The owner was contacted and retrieved the dog, receiving a warning that a citation will be issued next time.

— A wallet found on Prospect was turned over to police at 11:58 a.m. Monday and returned to the owner. Another wallet found in the area of South Union and Ridgewood was placed in the property drawer after attempts were made to contact the owner but numbers were not valid.

— Police were called at 11:27 a.m. Monday to the 200 block of Penn for a person on the ground. Officers found the person had been assisted by good samaritans. He declined treatment.

— Police were requested by KLG at Salem Regional Medical Center for a disturbed person who made comments indicating self-harm at 7:56 a.m. Monday. The person was pink-slipped, or ordered to be taken in for evaluation.

— A caller at 7:54 a.m. Monday reported yelling between a male and female in the 400 block of Continental. A female told police her boyfriend was just taken to the hospital because he was choking and she called 911 and was being loud on the phone due to the circumstances. Officers confirmed what she said with the hospital.

— A man in the 500 block of North Lincoln Avenue reported at 7:13 a.m. Monday that he allowed a person to stay at his home for a few days and the person stole money out of his wallet in the morning and fled. The incident was under investigation.


— Dennis Byers II was charged with domestic violence July 6. Police said he got into an argument with a female family member and his girlfriend. The two women hid his car keys to keep him from driving while intoxicated. He became angry and aggressive toward them, slapping his girlfriend in the face, hitting her in the face when she tried to separate him from the family member. He was told to leave and in the process took a knife from the kitchen and slashed one of the tires of the vehicle he and his girlfriend share the lease to.

— Sarah Berdine was cited for physical control on July 4 after a traffic stop at Commerce and 18th Street. She admitted to having two or three beers.

— An Independence Square resident reported July 5 she came home and found a note from her ex-husband along with the baby crib disabled, a damaged speaker and clothes thrown everywhere. She said she must have left the door unlocked.

— Eric Leon Jordan was charged with drug paraphernalia, drug abuse and drug abuse instruments on July 5. Officers were called to Wood Street for the suspicion of drug activity from a blue Ford Focus. After a consented search of the vehicle officers found nothing, ending the traffic stop and going back on patrol. Officers noticed Jordan wearing a red shirt walking east on 10th Street, and earlier they were told he was the lookout for the drug activity. Jordan gave officers consent to search his person where they found a baggie of white powder in his front right pocket, and a razor blade with white powder residue on it inside his wallet. At the police station, a used needle was found inside his left shoe.

— Patrick Murphy was arrested for persistent disorderly conduct on July 7. Officers responded to a home on Clark Avenue at 5:50 p.m., where Murphy was drunk and tormenting the residency. Murphy told officers he was leaving, and they advised him to not return for the night, which he agreed to. At 8:20 a neighbor called in a welfare check for the residency. When officers returned they found Murphy in the basement and arrested him.

— Officers responded to Commerce Street after receiving a call about Heather Snedden bleeding on the sidewalk. Snedden had two green towels soaked in blood from the two cuts on her right arm, caused by breaking the window of a home on Commerce. Snedden admitted she tried to break into the house, and then punched a back window. Snedden was taken to ELCH by a Life Team ambulance. The owner did not want to pursue charges. He did inform officers that he was drinking with Snedden earlier when he had enraged her, and she requested he leave her residency, before she had tried to break into his residency while he was not home.

— Officers responded to a possible domestic on Broadway on July 8. Both parties said it was just an argument and did not want to press charges. The man was leaving for the night.