County Sheriff

— Deputies responded at 12:07 a.m. Saturday to the Frola Motel, state Route 45, Lisbon, for a noise complaint from rooms 7 and 8. No other details were reported.

Highway Patrol

— While eastbound on U.S. Route 62 in Butler Township, Robert C. Reynolds, 40, East Fifth Street, Salem, struck a cow in the middle of the road with his 2006 Chrysler. The heifer, owned by William J. Butcher, Salem, was killed.

— Charles C. White, 43, Steubenville, was eastbound on state Route 172 in a 2003 Peterbilt when he crested a hill and came upon a one-lane construction zone, with stopped traffic. He swerved off the right side to avoid a collision, going into a ditch. No injuries or charges were reported. The truck was owned by Phoenix Scrap Metal of Wintersville.

— Bruce M. Riehl, 54, Fairfield School Road, Leetonia, was southbound on Fairfield School Road when he struck and killed a deer with his vehicle. The deer was released to Riehl.

Salem Township

— John Green, 46, Iredell, Texas, reported he is being harassed by a relative who lives in the township. The relative is harassing him via text messages and social media, also contacting other friends and relatives and spreading false information, Green reported. He was referred to his local sheriff’s office, and local police made contact with the township relative, who was told to leave Green alone.

East Liverpool

— An off-duty city officer reported Thursday night seeing a pickup truck with a driver who had been identified the previous night by a citizen who flagged down an officer, reporting the driver had been looking for Avondale Street to buy crack cocaine. The same driver on Thursday was seen making several passes on Wyoming Avenue, appearing lost before pulling over on Oakwood Avenue. A man who exited the truck had allegedly been involved in a previous incident in the city involving a gun, and the officer took his photo as he appeared to head toward another parked vehicle. Other officers were called to the scene and went to the residence at 1312 Oakwood Street, where the man who exited the truck opened the door and was identified as Edward Maurice Morris Jr., 20, of Youngstown, who denied any knowledge of what the officer was alleging. An occupant of the home, Janie Bennett, was asked if anyone else was inside, and she said only her boyfriend was upstairs. Officers found Michael Temple, 25, Cadmus Street, sitting in the living room, and the man they saw seated in the other vehicle outside, Dominick T. Davidson, 20, Akron, appeared from the kitchen. Bennett gave officers written consent to search the premises, at which time they reported finding a digital scale in the kitchen as well as several pinch-off baggies from the kitchen garbage can. At the bottom of the basement steps, a baggy of white powder and a rock-like substance was located. The car parked outside also contained another digital scale and baggy with pink capsules inside. A total of $420 was also recovered. Davidson and Morris were charged with felony drug possession and felony possession of criminal tools.

–While on patrol on Maine Boulevard, an officer spotted a man sitting on the side of the street with a grocery bag, with blood on his face. When the officer turned around and went back, the man was gone and could not be located.

— Officers mediated a family argument between David L. Hibbs, 28, Reynold Street, and his father, not named in reports. According to police, Hibbs had allowed his father to live in a recreational vehicle on the property but an argument ended that arrangement. Hibbs was willing to allow his father to stay another night, but his father did not want to, although he had no other place to go, according to reports, which did not indicate where he ultimately went.

— Nicole L. Shreve, Leonard Street, reported hearing a noise and awaking to find someone opening her bedroom window. She awoke her companion, and the intruder fled. A window was found broken in the garage door, but nothing appeared to be missing.

— An officer stood by as employees of Smith Oil, St. Clair Avenue, closed the store and left after they became concerned about an older man sitting in his car outside for more than 20 minutes. Officers reported he had been waiting for someone who failed to show up.


— A Southeast Boulevard resident reported at 11:12 a.m. Thursday advising that some of her personal property was damaged while at work, possibly by another employee.

— Police responded to the 2200 block of East Pershing Street at 10:12 a.m. Friday where officers located a combative patient who was upset over medical issues and dealing with family members. He was admitted to the hospital by a doctor.

— At 12:04 p.m. Friday, police responded to the 2400 block of East State Street where an irate/disorderly man was in the process of leaving the store and was advised to not return.

— At 1:44 p.m. Friday, police responded to the 600 block of North Ellsworth Avenue where the complainant said a large, black dog bit her son. The owner stated he didn’t realize the dog was loose and had witnessed the juvenile getting bit. The incident is under investigation.

— A resident from the 800 block of Granite Avenue was on station at 4:54 p.m. Friday advising she left her laptop computer used for school at a friend’s residence and it is now missing. The friend said they didn’t see it but would check for it. The complainant believed one of several people that come to his residence may have taken it.

— At 5:04 p.m. Friday, police responded to the 1000 block of East Third Street where a boy was bitten by a dog that came from across the street. His guardian said the bite needed medical attention and the boy was taken to the hospital and police advised the dog’s owner of the incident.

— Police on station heard a complaint from a resident in the 300 block of East Third Street at 7:38 p.m. Friday who was receiving threatening text messages from a known female. Police took photos of the messages and advised her of the procedure for obtaining a protection order. The other person was contacted and advised to cease.

— At 7:56 p.m. Friday police checked the railroad tracks under the overpass on West State Street for a report of a male subject on the tracks. Police observed a juvenile walking away who appeared to be upset over personal and family issues. He said he had no intention of harming himself and went for a walk to clear his head. Officers advised him to stay off the private property railroad tracks. His grandmother arrived and he was released to her care.

— Police patrolling in the 100 block of South Howard Avenue at 8:45 p.m. Friday, were flagged down by a resident having a dispute with a neighbor who she said was constantly harassing her because she has rats around the exterior of her property. She said they appeared to be domestic rats and that somebody must have dumped them on her property. They have trapped several so far to remove them. Both parties were advised to get along. The complainant was advised that a report may also be sent to the housing and zoning department.

— Police responded to the 500 block of Columbia Street at 8:51 p.m. Friday where firefighters advised a subject was acting strange and were unable to make contact with the person. Police located the person around the back and he was voluntarily transported to the hospital.

— While on patrol at 9:24 p.m. Friday in the 1200 block of Pennsylvania Avenue police observed a suspicious vehicle near a dumpster and the person inside it said he had permission to be there. He was advised to cease and leave the area.

— Police responded to the 500 block of East Perry Street at 9:29 p.m. Friday and advised the resident of the open burning laws.

— A complainant in the 900 block of South Union Avenue advised police at 10:48 p.m. Friday she was being harassed by her soon-to-be ex-husband and she was advised of the procedure to obtain a temporary protection order.

— Police responded to the 500 block of East Pershing Street at 12:22 a.m. Saturday where the complainant advised an unknown juvenile spray-painted the inside bathroom urinal and toilet with black paint. The complainant cleaned it up and wished to pursue the matter.

— A complainant from the 100 block of North Lincoln Avenue was on station at 12:30 a.m. Saturday advising she was being harassed by her ex-boyfriend at her place of employment. He is not permitted on her work premises and wanted documentation.

— Police responded to a neighbor dispute in the 400 block of West State Street at 12:29 a.m. Saturday. A male and female were arguing over the property line and the male said the husband of the female threatened him. He said it was because he asked her to have a truck moved that belonged to her that was parked on his property. They were advised it was a civil issue.

— At 1:24 a.m. Saturday, police responded the 200 block of South Howard Avenue for numerous calls and a Facebook representative called reporting a subject had posted on Facebook that he intended to commit suicide by train. Police checked the railroad crossings and the person’s residence and he voluntarily was transported to the hospital for evaluation.

— Police responded to the 500 block of East Fifth Street at 2:12 p.m. Saturday for a report of a fight in progress in the road with multiple people. Police were unable to locate anyone.

— At 2:52 a.m. Saturday, police observed feet sticking out at the end of the guardrail on the west end of the overpass on W. State Street and found an intoxicated man sleeping in the grass. A cab was summoned to give him a ride home.