Clippers reign in EOAC
SALEM–Last season’s Div. III state title winner Jared Wilson has moved on to Wake Forest, but the Columbiana boys golf team continued its stranglehold on the Eastern Ohio Athletic Conference for the second year in a row.
The Clippers claimed their second straight league title. while Clipper Seth Ross was the individual medalist at the EOAC Tournament Thursday at Salem Hills Golf & Country Club.
Columbiana has now won five consecutive league championships, with the first three of those coming in the defunct Inter-Tri County League.
The outcome was never in doubt Thursday, as the Clippers’ total of 322 was 28 strokes ahead of second-place Toronto and 47 strokes ahead of third-place Lisbon.
Ross’ total of 5-over 77 was three strokes clear of his teammates Tyler Andersen and Nate Whitehead and four ahead of Lisbon’s Austin Craig.
Besides the 77 shot by Ross and the 80s turned in by Andersen and Whitehead, the Clippers also got an 85 from Riley McElwain and an 89 from Sean Whitehead.
The Clippers’ total of 322 was four strokes better than their winning score last season.
at Salem Hills Golf & Country Club
Medalist: Seth Ross, Columbiana.
1. Columbiana (322): Seth Ross 77, Tyler Andersen 80, Nate Whitehead 80, Riley McElwain 85, Sean Whitehead 89.
2. Toronto (350): Hunter Keenan 83, Cole DeGarmo 86, Andre Roach 87, Brennan Suffoletta 94.
3. Lisbon (369) Austin Craig 81, Josh Entrikin 91, Blayne Brownfield 92, Joey Diludovico 105.
4. United (390) Shane Black 84, Mikey Bardo 99, Brant Hahlen 102, Parker Berdine 105.
5. East Palestine (435) Ricky Bell 104, Payton Sherry 104, Max Carvell 111. Morgan Rutledge 120.
6. Southern (446) Nick May 93, Tanner Patterson 98, Mason Tribelo 119, Devin Lopez 136.
7. Leetonia (463) Brandon Cantwell 105, Jayden Herhold 110, Patrick Hull 120, Haleigh Brock 128.
8. Wellsville (470) Luke Green 92, Shawn Osborn 95, McKenna Rawson 140, Justin Talbert 143.