COLUMBIANA - Three administrators were rehired and Columbiana Superintendent Don Mook was given a raise Tuesday by the school board.
The five-member board awarded new three-year contracts to high school Principal Lance Hostetler and elementary Principal Kim Sharshan and a one-year contract to middle school Principal David Buzzard, who is also earning benefits from retiring from that position in February 2012. He was brought back on a retire-rehire basis in July of that year on a two-year contract.
The new contracts bring Buzzard back up to nearly what he was making when he retired in 2012, which was $72,450 a year. He was earning $67,000 a year on the rehire contract, and the salary on the new one-year contract is set at $72,100.
New salaries for Hostetler and Sharshan were set at $81,370 and $75,365 a year. Sharshan was also awarded a one-year supplemental head coaching contract for high school cheerleading.
The 1.9 percent increase given to Mook brought his annual salary up to $98,775 for third year of his five-year contract.
Other personnel matters approved by the board were:
- A one-year contract for Sara Loney as music teacher, and one-year supplemental contracts for Amber Waller, Jody Sturgeon-Edwards, Kathy Martin-Holley, Lisa Malcomson, Alana Rivello, Tricia Missos, Alex Marco, Meg Silver, Zach Hertel, Holly Ferguson, Jennifer Sant, Cathi Raub-Carney, Stephanie Baylor, Colleen Campbell, Trisha Nord, Amanda Moore, Colleen McNeal, Kristi Ebben, Jessica Daley, Janet Prindle, Susan Cappuzzello, Julie McClish, Courtney Schiffauer and Megan Cowan.
One-year contracts for Brian Pearl, Kris Reash and Jonathan Welsh for assistant varsity football coach, Michael Kenneally, girls basketball athletic trainer, Josh Boone, summer and after school video production, Bonnie Steeb, junior class adviser, Heidi Cope, South Side Middle School maintenance, and Angela Rosen, Pam Pesa and Deanna Pesa, speech and debate assistant coaches. Randy Barker and Chris Canale were also approved as football volunteers.
- Providing services through the auxiliary services program to students of Heartland Christian School for the 2014-15 school year, with Janice Szari as speech therapist, Diann Barron, clerk, Kathy Jones, intervention specialist, and Elizabeth LaRiccia, LD Intervention Specialist, Tamra McCoy, guidance/intervention specialist, Lindsey Sprouse, nurse, and Ashley Vogel, reading/math intervention specialist.
- Accepting the resignation of Erin Rossi, intervention specialist at Heartland Christian School, an auxiliary services department employee, effective July 1, 2014.
- One-year limited contracts for James Marino, part-time custodial/maintenance supervisor, Josh Boone, technology assistant, Leslie Coastal, medical professional, R.N., Anita Webber, medical professional, Brooke Hitchcock, medical professional, and Kim VanKleeck, transportation coordinator, all effective July 1, 2014.
- Salary changes for teachers Brandi Brown, Lisa Conrad, Erin Heasley and Cinda Unkefer.
Non-personnel matters approved were:
- A service contract with the Mahoning County Educational Service Center for the 2014-15 school year, cost $250,556.
- A $500 stipend for Leslie Costal, R.N., for management, coordination, dissemination and oversight of school district wellness and health activities.
- Reappointing Sandy Hill as Columbiana Public Library trustee for a seven-year term, effective July 1, 2014, and approving the 2015 library budget.