- Daniel Adams, Taylor Avenue, New Waterford, reported at 1:24 p.m. Sunday Steven Byers was inside the Crestview Schools Performing Arts Center for the graduation ceremony. Adams claimed Byers was giving he and his wife a hard time and they had told him he was not allowed to be there because of a protection order. Byers reportedly used profanities, first toward Adams and then toward deputies, but eventually he walked out of the auditorium. Byers, 20, Lower Elkton Road, Leetonia, was charged with violating a protection order and taken to the county jail.
- Police responded to the 900 block of Franklin Avenue at 12:52 a.m. Sunday for a report of a domestic situation in progress. A woman advised she was assaulted by her husband who fled the scene on foot. No names were provided.
- Lisa K. Delp, 33038 Charlton Drive, Lisbon, was cited for open container on Franklin Avenue at 1:41 a.m. Sunday.
- Police assisted the sheriff's office at 2:05 a.m. Sunday in serving a warrant in the 1600 block of South Lincoln. The subject, whose name was not provided, was in custody.
- While responding to the 400 block of Franklin Avenue at 2:44 a.m. Sunday for a domestic call, police heard yelling. There was no domestic situation but police found an outstanding warrant for Diana L. Andre, 480 Franklin Avenue, for theft and she was taken to the county jail.
- Police responded to Centennial Park at 11:33 p.m. Saturday to check a swing that had been damaged in order to extract a child. The swing was removed and taken to the police station.
- Police responded to the 900 block of Liberty Street at 10:57 p.m. Saturday for a fire to a detached garage and firefighters extinguished it. There were no injuries.
- Police responded to the 400 block of Franklin at 8:21 p.m. Saturday for a report of kids throwing rocks. A neighbor was upset but there was no evidence of criminal wrongdoing.
- Police responded to a parking lot in the 2300 block of E. State Street at 5:32 p.m. Saturday for a report of a fight and found it was an argument only. Both people agreed to go their separate ways. Their names were not provided.
-At 4:27 p.m. Saturday, police responded to the 900 block of Barclay where a resident was burning leaves. The resident, whose name was not provided, was advised of the law against it.
Salem fire call
- A fire at 982 Liberty St. is being called suspicious by firefighters who responded at 10:53 p.m. and found an unattached garage was on fire. It was extinguished and no source of ignition was located inside the building and it was started from the exterior. The tenant was not home and the homeowner arrived to shut off the electric breakers to the garage. The names of the tenant and homeowner were not provided. The property loss was set at $800 and the loss for the contents was set at $500. Firefighters were back in service at 12:21 a.m.