Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Mojo the Rooster | Home RSS
 
 
 

Man injured in Guilford Lake fire identified

August 18, 2013
By DEANNE JOHNSON - Staff Writer (djohnson@mojonews.com) , Morning Journal News

GUILFORD LAKE - The man injured in a house explosion at Guilford Lake Friday night has been identified by deputies as Jonathan Pfupajena.

Talking to deputies, Pfupajena, 26, told them he had smelled propane gas earlier and when he went to light up a cigarette, an explosion happened. He ran outside the 6284 Votaw Drive rental cottage with burns on his arms, face and head.

He was initially treated at the scene by EMT Ambulance, but then transported by STAT MedEvac to Akron Hospital.

Several in neighboring homes and campgrounds reported just prior to the explosion, Pfupajena had gone around asking neighbors for a glass of milk. He had reportedly been staying at the home for about three months.

Guilford Lake, Hanoverton and Winona firefighters responded to the explosion. Guilford Lake Chief Frank Baker said Saturday evening the explosion does appear to have been gas related, and he had no update on Pfupajena's condition.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web