Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Mojo the Rooster | All Access E-Edition | Home RSS
 
 
 

Fundraiser featuring students’ art

November 21, 2012
Morning Journal News

SALEM - Salem students' artwork will be featured at an upcoming fundraiser for the Salem Storybook Museum.

A total of 25 pieces of original artwork created by students at Salem City Schools will be included along with other pieces by local artists in the Second Annual Art Auction & Jazz Festival, "A Sparkling December," from 7 to 10 p.m. Dec. 1 at the Kent State University Salem campus, 2491 state Route 45. The event is being presented by Mr. and Mrs. J. Robert Sebo in association with the museum.

Students at Southeast Elementary were excited to be included in the event, according to Steve Cabassa, art teacher for the fourth through sixth grades.

Article Photos

Artwork of Salem City Schools students will be featured in the Salem Storybook Museum’s Second Annual Art Auction & Jazz Festival, “A Sparkling December,” from 7 to 10 p.m. Dec. 1 at the Kent State University Salem campus, 2491 state Route 45. Cost to attend the event is $15 per person and reservations may be made by calling co-chairman Robert Viencek at 330-332-4723. In this photo, Steve Cabassa, fourth through sixth grade art teacher, reviews a piece of art with sixth-grader Delaney Willoughby. (Salem News photo by Kevin Howell)

"It's a great opportunity to show off how hard the kids work in art class," he said. "I know that the students feel a sense of pride to have their work featured."

Coordinated by Robert Viencek and Janis Yereb, the event will feature a silent auction in which the artwork will be sold. Students and artists will receive 75 percent of the sale price, with the remaining 25 percent, as well as other proceeds from the event, going toward the renovation of the Victorian house at Fifth Street and North Lincoln Avenue that will eventually be the museum's home.

The event will also include a performance by The Matt Skitzki Trio. Hors d'oeuvres and beverages will be served. Cost is $15 per person. Reservations are needed since no tickets will be sold at the door.

Fact Box

WHAT:?Second Annual Art Auction & Jazz Festival "A Sparkling December"

WHEN: 7 to 10 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 1

WHERE:?Kent State University Salem campus, 2491 state Route 45

COST: $15, reservations needed. Call Robert Viencek, 330-332-4723

Tickets are available at the following locations: Salem Area Chamber of Commerce, Vivian's Antiques and Collectibles in Columbiana, or at Consign & Design in Poland. Reservations may be made by calling Viencek at 330-332-4723.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web