EAST LIVERPOOL - With no comment or fanfare, City Council Tuesday night gave final approval to several pieces of legislation that had been forwarded from Monday night when they were given second readings.
Approved unanimously were:
- A resolution requesting county commissioners distribute casino tax revenue with the formula used to distribute Local Government Funds, with the idea it will help the city recoup some of its lost LGF monies
- A resolution accepting the amounts and rates of levies from the county auditor's office
- An ordinance establishing a $500 fee for those applying to have a street vacated, to pay for mandated advertising, notification and postage, with any unused portion to be returned to the applicant
- An ordinance amending an earlier ordinance regarding an alley vacation to include additional language
- An ordinance amending the budget, adjusting appropriations.
Councilman Sherrie Curtis reported that revisions to the city tax code ordinance have been forwarded to the law director for finalization and it should be ready for review by the finance committee in October before being forwarded for council's consideration.