Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Mojo the Rooster | Home RSS
 
 
 

Juveniles facing charges from fire

September 26, 2012
By JOANN BOBBY-GILBERT - Staff Writer (jgilbert@mojonews.com) , Morning Journal News

EAST LIVERPOOL - Four teen-agers are facing charges in connection with a fire Monday afternoon that destroyed a vacant house on Maine Boulevard.

City detectives began investigating after the manager of Woodland Hills housing complex called the department a short time after the fire department was called to say she saw three males coming out of the wooded area near the playground, going into an apartment at the complex.

Officers were aware that the path near the playground leads to Maine Boulevard near the site of the fire, so they went to Woodland Hills and were able to identify the four boys who ran from the woods.

The boys, aged from 15 to 17, were "old enough to know better," according to Capt. Darin Morgan, who said at least one of them has admitted starting the fire.

The police department has had dealings with some of the boys in the past for minor incidents, according to Morgan.

He said the investigation is continuing but charges are expected to be filed through Juvenile Court.

The owner of the house was not immediately known, but fire officials said Monday it had been vacant for some time.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web