LISBON - The bedroom of a home on state Route 45 was damaged by a fire Sunday afternoon.
The owner, Robert Gilbert, was not home when flames broke out in a bedroom of his home shortly before 2:03 p.m. Sunday. Lisbon Fire Department Lt. Paul Gresh Jr. said a neighbor saw the fire and continued to wet the area down with a garden hose until firefighters arrived.
Both the Lisbon and West Point departments arrived and fire damage was limited to the bedroom. There was extensive damage throughout the home from smoke and heat, according to Gresh.
Firefighters were able to rescue three family pets, one of them a parrot, from the home, which was insured. The American Red Cross was called to assist the family.