Facts and questions for Columbiana County Coroner.
1. Gives investigator $5 pay raise.
2. Certification from American Board of Medicological Death Investigators.
3. Lawsuit against Graham by assistant investigator.
4. Cut office secretary hours.
5. Columbiana County Coroner's office spending compared to five other Ohio counties.
1. In these very difficult economic times, not just for Columbiana County but for all of Ohio, is it really wise to give one county employee a $5/hour raise? Even the Columbiana County Commissioners aren't in favor of this. This is an increase of $16,276.54 for 2012.
2. Did the Columbiana County taxpayers foot the bill for this certification from the American Board of Medicological Death Investigators and exactly how much did it cost? Was it really necessary?
3. On one hand he's being very generous with a hefty pay raise but on the other hand an employee has to sue him to be paid for overtime already worked. Why?
4. Why in the world would he cut the hours of his least expensive employee? So she is now only working 10 hours a week, purposely making her ineligible for county health insurance coverage. By all means "kick the little guy when he's down."
5. Why is the Columbiana County Coroner's office spending so much higher than five other Ohio counties closest in size?
To whom does the county coroner answer? I believe it is suppose to be the taxpayers of Columbiana County. If you are satisfied with these circumstances, do nothing; if you are not, please let your opinion be heard.
Patricia P. Miller