Back to basics
Don Bayus, left, and Brandon Ayers of David Bayus Masonry work to remove bricks to expose the original doorway that once existed on the west side of the Morgan’s Drug Store building in Lisbon. The drug store closed in January 2018 and was purchased later that year by Renelee Lewis, who spent millions of dollars turning Lisbon’s Hamilton Building into the elegant Courthouse Inn & Restaurant. Lewis is in the process of doing the same with Morgan’s, which will house a law office, apothecary, art studio and gallery, and design studio on the first floor, and five New York-style loft apartments on the second and third floors. Morgan’s was built in 1915, and crews are working to restore the building to its original look, and that includes opening up the doors and windows that were bricked in over the years.