The Historical Society of Columbiana Fairfield Township placed a marker in Firestone Park to designate a spring that was used by early settlers, Benjamin and Rachel (Dixon) Hanna, close to Springfield Road at the far east end of the park. Their log cabin, built in 1810, stood nearby. Rachel was a daughter of the founder of Columbiana, Joshua Dixon. The marker was funded by a grant from the Columbiana Community Foundation and the sign was purchased from Flags and Specialties, East Palestine. Shown with the marker are (front, from left) Bill Clarke, Sara Clarke, Dr. Jim Garstick, Nora Salmen, Joe West, (back) Bev Dickey, Maggie Guglielmo, Dick Sell and Rev. Charles Ready.