Six money issues set for May primary
LISBON – Voters in the May 6 primary election will decide the fate of six money issues plus two liquor options.
Wednesday was the filing deadline at the county elections board, and following is a list of proposed ballot issues:
- Beaver Local school district: The board is seeking renewal of a 5.3-mill operating levy.
- East Liverpool: City Council is seeking renewal of an 8-mill fire levy.
- Madison Township: Trustees are seeking renewal of two road levies, 2 mills and 0.5 mills.
- United Local school district: The board is seeking renewal of a 3-mill permanent improvement levy.
- Wellsville school district: The board is seeking renewal of a 2-mill permanent improvement levy.
In Columbiana, a petition was filed seeking comprehensive liquor options for the C and D precincts, which straddle state Route 14 and are the site of a proposed major commercial development.
Board Director Adam Booth said applicants for liquor permits that are not site specific are not required to identify themselves.
There is also a proposed liquor option for the East precinct in St. Clair Township. The applicant is the Four Seasons Mini-Mart on Calcutta-Smith Ferry Road, which is seeking permission to sell beer, wine and mixed beverages Monday through Saturday.